Windows Update Schedule
Our Windows update schedule is as follows:
- Tier 1 and 2 lab systems and faculty desktops:
- If there are patches available these boxes will be patched daily at 2am.
- Special Research machines.
- These boxes will be patched on Fridays at 2am, you can have your machine put in this group by sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tier 3 machines:
- It is your responsibility to keep tier 3 machines patched. Also it is your responsibility to keep McAfee Anti-Virus up to date. Read more and download Anti-Virus software here.
If a patch requires a reboot the machine will reboot after the patches are applied.
If you don’t know what the support tiers are refer to the Support Tiers Overview.