CAT Contact Information
|Online Chat:||Connect to CAT Support Online Chat|
Be detailed when reporting a problem
TheCAT supports a wide range of hardware and software. If you encounter a problem, we can help you most quickly when you provide the following information:
Who are you?
- Full name
- the type of account you’re having trouble with
- e-mail address to contact you at (preferably your @pdx.edu address)
- phone number you can be reached at if applicable
- A short description of the problem.
- When did the incident occur? Provide date and time of incident.
- What is the name and location of the affected system? (CAT supported systems usually have a label with the computer name.) Provide machine name, operating system (Linux or Windows), building/room number.
- What application was in use at the time of the incident? Provide the software and/or hardware involved.
- Other pertinent information: Any other details you think might be helpful, such as if this particular problem has occurred before
- If the task you are trying to accomplish has ever worked before, note when it worked last.
Note: A concise, descriptive subject title will expedite your request for help!
Reporting Spam or Malicious Email:
OIT manages campus Gmail accounts and should be notified of malicious mail. If you think you have received email spam/abuse in your pdx.edu emailbox, please forward a copy of any email evidence with full headers to firstname.lastname@example.org.