The following rules and safety precautions are applicable to MCECS computer labs managed by the Computer Action Team, including FAB 55-17 and EB 325. Please contact the Computer Action Team if you have any questions regarding these policies.
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
The Computer Action Team has reduced maximum occupancy, increased cleaning regularity, and installed extensive ventilation in our general labs. Additionally, we are enforcing the following procedures applicable to all lab users:
- MASKS REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES.
- Maintain social distancing where possible.
- Only use designated computers and abide by the adjusted maximum occupancy of each lab.
- Please use the provided hand sanitizer upon entering and after touching your face, drinking or eating.
- Step outside of the lab for eating or drinking.
- CATs will be cleaning workstations frequently, but you are responsible for the cleanliness of your workstation while you are using it.
- Please stay home and utilize the CAT’s online resources if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Please contact the Computer Action Team if you observe anyone breaching these safety precautions while in the lab.
- Use access to attend classes anywhere, including labs.
- Bring own peripherals
- Can rent them from the library
General Computer Lab Rules
Failure to follow lab rules can result in suspension of your MCECS account. Criminal activity within the labs will result in the CAT contacting proper authorities.
- Only sealable drink containers are allowed at the workstations. All other food and drink must be placed on the designated Food & Drink tables.
- Keep backpacks and other heavy objects off of the lab tables.
- Do not share your MCECS password with any other user. Do not accept another user attempting to share their password with you.
- Labs should be used for project and coursework only.
- Do not harass or bother other users.
- Take loud conversations outside into the hallway. Do not listen to audio content without headphones.
- Do not subject other users to offensive or prohibited material.
- Do not lock machines for longer than 10-15 minutes. Any machines left locked for longer than this time period will be assumed abandoned.
- Do not tamper with, touch, replace, or remove any hardware in the labs. If a piece of hardware is not functioning correctly, please contact the CAT.
- Do not download or make copies of copyrighted material to which you do not have rights to.
- Do not touch monitor screen.