The following rules and safety precautions are applicable to MCECS computer labs managed by the Computer Action Team, including FAB 55-17 and EB 325. Please contact the Computer Action Team if you have any questions regarding these policies.
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
- Masks are no longer required at most Portland State University spaces. You may chose to wear a mask if it makes you more comfortable.
- Some computer labs may have air cleaners.
- Food and drink consumption policy has returned to pre-covid rules. See below.
- Please stay home and utilize the CAT’s online resources if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
General Computer Lab Rules
Failure to follow lab rules can result in suspension of your MCECS account. Criminal activity within the labs will result in the CAT contacting proper authorities.
- Only sealable drink containers are allowed at the workstations. All other food and drink must be placed on the designated Food & Drink tables.
- Keep backpacks and other heavy objects off of the lab tables.
- Do not share your MCECS password with any other user. Do not accept another user attempting to share their password with you.
- Labs should be used for project and coursework only.
- Do not harass or bother other users.
- Take loud conversations outside into the hallway. Do not listen to audio content without headphones.
- Do not subject other users to offensive or prohibited material.
- Do not lock machines for longer than 10-15 minutes. Any machines left locked for longer than this time period will be assumed abandoned.
- Do not tamper with, touch, replace, or remove any hardware in the labs. If a piece of hardware is not functioning correctly, please contact the CAT.
- Do not download or make copies of copyrighted material to which you do not have rights to.
- Do not touch monitor screen.