[Note, this is happening before the scheduled building power down scheduled for this day at 8pm.]
On Wednesday night (June 19th) after 5pm, we will be patching all our Ubuntu (and possibly some Red Hat) Linux systems. Various Ubuntu Linux desktops in some research labs and cubicles will also be affected.
The outages will be sporadic and include:
– linux systems in computer labs (FAB 55-17, FAB 88-09, FAB 88-10)
– ada/babbage, ruby/rita, mo
– mail servers
– web services
– samba (unix/linux to windows file services) – including S: and U: drives as seen from Windows
– project/research stashes
– redmine (projects.cecs.pdx.edu)
– database services (particularly db.cecs.pdx.edu)
– some license servers
With the exception of a brief outage for printing and stash/U:/S: access, CAT supported Windows systems will not be affected by this downtime.