Most CAT supported Ubuntu Linux systems (desktops and servers) will be rebooting for the installation of critical patches on Wednesday, November 22nd, starting at 7pm. Expect sporadic outages for all CAT supported Ubuntu Linux systems and anyone using Linux-based services.
The work is scheduled to last until midnight and will affect:
– FAB MCECS General Lab Linux systems (FAB 55-17)
– CS Linux Labs
– ada, ruby and rita
– mail servers
– web services
– the U: and S: drives visible from Windows
– samba (unix/linux to windows file services) – S: and U: drives as well
– project/research stashes
– redmine (projects.cecs.pdx.edu)
– database services (particularly db.cecs.pdx.edu)
– some license servers
With the exception of printing and stash/U:/S: access, CAT supported Windows systems will not be affected by this downtime.